Default Windows Vista & 7 "God Mode"

Hello, heres a little tip i just picked up from the internet and thought id share it with you all.
    People have been calling this "God Mode" although its really just a handy control panel type program built into windows vista and windows 7 with alot more options at hand and its very easy to set up.
    1) First, on your desktop, create a new folder (using the right mouse button and select new and folder from the menu)
    2) rename the folder to this :
    God Mode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

and thats it, the icon for the folder will change to a control panel and once you access it you will have loads of handy options to tinker with.
    Enjoy

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've moved the above post to the Contributor's Forum as it isn't related to a computer problem.

Exclamation

Heads Up!
    Found at another Forum:

Warning for Vista 64-bit users
    quote from "Techspot"

"User reports suggest that it may crash Windows Vista 64-bit, so proceed with caution. For what it's worth, I've successfully used the "feature" on Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate 64-bit. "

and from "OS News"

"An important note needs to be made about Windows Vista. While this trick is safe for all versions of Windows 7 (both 32bit and 64bit), the situation for Vista is different. Windows Vista 32bit users can use this trick, but Vista 64-bit users can not. It will cause your system to enter an Explorer crash loop."
    And,
    Its been around for some time. Windows 7 GodMode : Old wine in new bottle.

The Windows Club Forum:
    Create 38 Windows GodModes with GodMode Creator

Ed Bott:
    That "God mode" Explorer trick does less than you think
    The ultimate 'God Mode' list: 39 secret Windows 7 shortcuts

Bill Pytlovany:
    Access All Windows 7 Tasks with God Mode

As said, definitely not recommended for Vista 64-bit. I don't care to use it on Windows 7 64-bit either.
    Godmode in Vista 64-bit - TechSpot OpenBoards
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Thanks for the heads up on that. Just to let everyone know, i use Windows 7 64bit and it works fine with that, no problems.

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

Works fine on my Windows 7 64bit also.

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So called 'God mode' was always present in Vista 32bit and worked OK. Then it was modified as part of the Windows 7 development, so both 32 and 64bit versions work OK.

It's Vista 64bit that has the problem because it was released after the 32bit version and 'God mode' was incompatible with it. Maybe why it was never publicly revealed. Try installing it on a Vista 64bit system, and it'll need a reinstall!

As posted by arraknid:
    It's Vista 64bit that has the problem because it was released after the 32bit version and 'God mode' was incompatible with it.
    That's what I read into the article. I have tried this on my Vista 32-bit. Pretty cool! Think I'm going to try the rest as stated here> Download GodMode Creator for Windows 7 & Vista | The Windows Club.

Some very interesting stuff in this link at the bottom of the page concerning FixWin Utilities, too!
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"