Blog Entries

Lightbulb Which version of Windows 7 should I install: the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version

Which version of Windows 7 should I install: the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version?
    To install a 64-bit version of Windows 7, you need a CPU that's capable of running a 64-bit version of Windows. The benefits of using a 64-bit operating system are most apparent when you have a large amount of random access memory (RAM) installed on your computer, typically 4 GB of RAM or more. In such cases, because a 64-bit operating system can handle large amounts of memory more efficiently than a 32-bit operating system, a 64-bit system can be more responsive when running several programs at the same time and switching between them frequently. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows 7*.

Source: Microsoft 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: frequently asked questions
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Blog Entries

Question

If I'm running a 64-bit version of Windows, do I need 64-bit drivers for my devices?
    Yes. All hardware devices need 64-bit drivers to work on a 64-bit version of Windows. Drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows don't work on computers running 64-bit versions of Windows.
    To learn how to check for drivers, see Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly or go to the device manufacturer's website. You can also get information about drivers by going to the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor webpage.

Source: Article ID: MSW700010
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer