Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Lightbulb Time to update our 'recommended software' list

As the title suggests, I think this list is getting out of date and would appreciate your assistance in doing so. By using this thread, would you kindly advise on which ones we should delete, update links and suggest new programs (preferably free ones, but not necessarily) and also if you think there should be new/additional sub-headings.

I realize that there are numerous lists out there on the net for free programs, however I feel they lack a certain credibility as they have not been compiled by 'tried and true' users. This I think makes our list more reliable.

Comments on any and all programs would also be helpful. When new or updated programs are integrated, I will change the colour of ($) or (free) to ($) or (free) to show which ones have already been edited or added, then we can see which ones still need work.

Here is the link Help2Go Recommended Software List

Thank you in advance for your help on this.
    Last edited by Canuck; 10-10-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Hi Canuck - does this count? I really like Ixquick / Startpage ("The World's Most Private Search Engine") and have been using it quite a lot recently. It doesn't record your IP address or make a record of searches (or install cookies) and there is a proxy link to search results if you want to maintain complete privacy. I initially had a problem with installing it in my browser (some months ago) but the response to my emailed query was very prompt and the problem was sorted out within a matter of days.

Ixquick Search Engine

Steph
    Last edited by arraknid; 10-11-2010 at 07:27 AM.
    Today is the dawn of another error ...

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.4GHz;
    RAM 8.0 GB;
    Windows 7 Home Prem SP1 64 bit
    Firefox; IE11

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can we keep this thread for software suggestions only please. The posts related to CCleaner toolbars have been moved here...

CCleaner toolbar option

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Due to the lack of suggestions and for some reason the number of spams this thread is getting, I will lock this thread. If you have software programs that you feel should be included or updated, please PM Canuck or one of the Mods.