Thread: Spyware Doctor

Default Spyware Doctor

Is it okay to run Spyware Doctor as well as Microsoft Essentials?

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

Spyware Doctor is OK for free software but it can slow some computers way down. It won't hurt though as long as it is just the antispyware. Give it a go and see how it works.

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

As I was re-installing Spyware Doctor, it noted that Microsoft Essentials was a conflicting software. Therefore, I won't do it. I guess I'll have to run a manual scan with Super Antispyware now and then. But that would be the same thing, wouldn't it. How about Malwarebytes' Anti Malware? Microsoft Essentials I like. Does the job without weighing down the browsing.

I'm running the paid version of Superantispyware along with MSE. I also have the paid version of MBAM but choose not to run it (for reasons I won't go into) and both MBAM and SAS run fine along with MSE.

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

What's up with the paid version of those two softwares? I do believe I have the free edition of those.

They offer real-time protection.