Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Over confidence??

Oh Boy! I have to agree with you! Right now there is someone, somewhere working on the hack to prove them wrong. Probably some young kid. Don't they know that everything is possible if you put your mind to it! Never underestimate the mental power of what money will make you think or do.

To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought. And right now someone somewhere is thinking the impossible to achieve that possibility.

Hm..or is this their way of finding out if it can be hacked which could be cheaper than hiring a team to find the vulnerabilities of the browser.

Reverse psychology at it's finest!
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

I would say thats quite the cheap way of finding holes in a browser... good call Google!

myself, if i had done it, i'd show them i could do it before telling them to keep the laptop and money, then walk away without telling them how!

But then i like things like that!
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I reckon the appeal of 12,500 or $20,000 plus a new laptop (big deal!) will be enough of a carrot to get the hackers set on breaking it, but whether they settle for that amount is another thing. A clever hacker will undoubtedly find a weakness to exploit, because there always is something, but who's to say that they'll tell them everything.

My view, they'll take the money and run, then exploit the hell out of it.

Monday, 11:00am ET: Attention Chrome users: The issue with pages not loading properly on some forums (Kitchens, Baths, Cooking, etc.) has been reported and we are working to resolve it..
    Whoops! Hm...... some evidence of "tinkering" maybe or just coincidence?

Computer Help Forum - GardenWeb
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"