Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Got an Android smartphone??

And do you have anti-virus software installed? No? Big mistake!!

Trojan Disguised As Google Plus App Attacks Android Phones | www.kompyuteran.com

That trojan is becoming more common - especially on certain websites, and there will be others, so beware. They can even take photographs without your knowledge.

I run Norton Mobile Security, which seems to be the best out there at the moment. Check out AndroidMarket.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arraknid For This Useful Post:

Good to hear. Been using android for a little over a week now. Does this slow the phone down at all or drain the battery? The one I got already has a horrible battery life.

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

Smart phones and battery life is always an issue. Never pass up an opportunity to plug it in.

I finally settled on Dr.Web for Android Light and haven't looked back. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.drweb

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

LOL! My son's AndroidX was infected after he clicked on a link "he thought was from a friend"! He then inserted it via usb into his brand spankIng new Win7 laptop an ended up with a ZA infection. While cleaning that from his Win7 (not realizing the infection came from his Android) he pulled his XP out of the closet and inserted the Android into the XP. Guess what happened! ROFLing!

As posted by arraknid;
    And do you have anti-virus software installed? No? Big mistake!!
    He does now!
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"