Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Default A great anti tracking program

I've just installed it as an add on for FF, also available for other browsers and os. Do Not Track Plus for Firefox - Download.com seems to be working well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks for this Canuck, I've just installed it and I'm amazed at how much it's blocked already. Highly recommended!

Just one question - the link you posted was for Firefox but I also want to install it in IE which I use occasionally. Is there a seperate link for IE pls because I couldn't see where to download this from.

Thanks
    Steph
    Today is the dawn of another error ...

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.4GHz;
    RAM 8.0 GB;
    Windows 7 Home Prem SP1 64 bit
    Firefox; IE11

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Canuck.

Just to show people how well this works, in less than 3 hours safe browsing in Firefox (all known and trusted sites), so far it's blocked a total of 724 tracking attempts : 169 Social Buttons, 12 ad networks and 543 tracking companies and it's working really well alongside Adblock Plus.

Stop flash player creating cookies as in Arraknid's article here : Help2Go Forums - How to stop Flash Player creating cookies on your computer and you're really doing something to protect your privacy.

The other thing I use sometimes is Ixquick, a really private search engine that doesn't record your IP address and gives you the option of using a proxy server for each search result so you can visit the website anonymously if you wish. I've got it installed as a toolbar which works well. They've now also introduced StartPage, which has the same privacy features but uses Google results for your search, also giving a proxy option for each result.

https://eu.ixquick.com/uk/protect-privacy.html

https://startpage.com/eng/aboutstartpage/

Personally, I like to keep my thoughts private (and browsing is broadcasting what you're thinking, after all). Ha! Big Brother, we're watching you!
    Today is the dawn of another error ...

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.4GHz;
    RAM 8.0 GB;
    Windows 7 Home Prem SP1 64 bit
    Firefox; IE11

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steph For This Useful Post:

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

I use Ghostery to block scripts from companies that I don't want tracking or sending information about me back to the website. Ghostery

Works with:
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Google Chrome
    • Opera
    • Internet Explorer

Note: Ghostery will block certain elements on web pages like the Facebook Social Plugin, Disqus, Google +1, Twitter Button and so on. If you are visiting a website and think there is content not showing that should then go into the Ghostery settings and unblock or Whitelist whatver you want to show.

Ghostery FAQ

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evilfantasy For This Useful Post: