Default Gmail Users - Check your spam folders!

If you receive Help2Go email notifications via Gmail, check your Gmail account spam folder. I just found 14 Help2Go notification messages in mine. I also found the latest OCWorkbench newsletter and a newsletter from PenFed, my credit union (Pentagon Federal Credit Union is the 3rd largest in the world - and not a distributor of spam! ).

Gmail is a great email handler but they are notorious for "false positives" - incorrectly tagging good messages as spam. Google automatically purges spam (or what Gmail thinks is spam) messages after 30 days so it is important to check periodically. I try to remember to check my spam folder every 3 weeks. This is particularly important if you use a different email client (Outlook, Thunderbird, or MailWasher Pro, for example) to "pull down" your Gmail messages and you don't visit your Gmail inbox on a daily basis.

To access your Gmail spam folder, click on the "More" button in the left side panel under "COMPOSE". If you don't see "More", hover your mouse pointer over the left side panel and the column should expand (drop down) to where you can see "More", then click on it. From there, you should see "Spam (xx)" where xx is the number of messages in the folder. You can then mark good messages as "not spam" to move them back into the Inbox. Note however, that marking these emails as "not spam" does not prevent messages from the same sender from being tagged as spam again.

To help minimize Gmail false positives, see Quickly Filter Legitimate E-Mails from GMail Spam Folder. For email you regularly get from a specific sender, you can create a filter and select the option to "Never send it to Spam".
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Digerati For This Useful Post:

I've come across a few issues where Gmail users are having trouble logging in to their Gmail since the redesign of the logon page.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

I have not seen that. I would delete cookies and see what happens.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────