Default MS Removal Tool 2.20

Please, Please, Please help me get this virus off my computer.

I downloaded all the things you suggested but the virus will not let me RUN them once they've been downloaded.

I get a message that says: "application cannot be executed the file (download name) is infected . Please activate your antivirus software."

When I try to turn on my antivirus through microsoft essentials it will not allow me to do so. But when I go into look at it under contol panel, system- it appears to be on.

Please help- this is my last resort.

Thank you!

Member Spyware Fighter

Hello and welcome to Help2Go

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Help2Go we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

Please take note:

1. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.
    2. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
      • If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.
    3. Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
    4. If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.
    5. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
    6. Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.
    7. If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
    8. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:

• Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
    • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
    • Notepad will open with the results.
    • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
    • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
    Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner.

Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.

Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:

Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:

Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
    • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
    • Click the Scan button to start the scan
    • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.
    " Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Spware Help forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.
    HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
    Thanks-

Default Still cannot shake MS Removal Tool 2.20

Thowever ank you for the reply. However I cannot get the advice to work.

The issue is the same as with all the fixes I try to downlaod. I can download the DDS.scr and DDS.pif onto the desktop but when I try to open or run them I get an error message from MS Removal saying that the application cannot be executed because the file is infected. Then it asks me to activate the antivirus software.

Please help. Thank you

Member Spyware Fighter

Hello,

Please try and run them in safemode.

Now reboot into Safe Mode.
    This can be done tapping the F8 key as soon as you start your computer
    You will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode.
    Make sure you choose the option without networking support.
    Please see here for additional details.

If for some reason they still will not run try the following.

• 1. Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
    • This is THE Mirror
      2. Save it to your desktop.
      3. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
      4. Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
      netsvcs
      %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
      /md5start
      eventlog.dll
      scecli.dll
      netlogon.dll
      cngaudit.dll
      sceclt.dll
      ntelogon.dll
      logevent.dll
      iaStor.sys
      nvstor.sys
      atapi.sys
      IdeChnDr.sys
      viasraid.sys
      AGP440.sys
      vaxscsi.sys
      nvatabus.sys
      viamraid.sys
      nvata.sys
      nvgts.sys
      iastorv.sys
      ViPrt.sys
      eNetHook.dll
      ahcix86.sys
      KR10N.sys
      volsnap.sys
      /md5stop
      %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
      CREATERESTOREPOINT

5. Push the Quick Scan button.
      6. Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
    • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

The Spware Help forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.
    HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
    Thanks-

Default Virus Free!... but some remnant problems.

Hello! Thank You running it in safemode did the tirck and I was able to KILL the Virus!!! However I still have a couple of remnant problems.

1. I can not turn ON my Automatic Updates in Microsoft Security Essentials. I even tried going into the control panel/system/ and enabling it that way but it didn't help.

2. I have to acces my Desktop from the start menu - How Can I get it to just show on my desktop?

Thank you again for your help!!!!!!

Member Spyware Fighter

Hello,

None of the tools I had you run will fix the infection. When you go into safemode it will not show your desktop. Please post the results of the scans and the logs I requested.
    Safemode is only meant to be used for trouble shooting not everyday use.

Thanks-