Thread: HI

Default HI

Hi
    I think my system is infected, I have formatted it and when now i am trying to install avast. I am not able to run that coz screen doesnt shows up, and in my laptop in folders its creating a folder in it with same name. I have installed an antivirus from bleeping computers link. It was something ....zila (dont remember the exact name), I scaned it and it shows 647 virus in my laptop. I cant remove tht coz i will have to purchase this. Kindly help me.

thanks
    cma

Hi Seema,

I was following your thread that you had posted on May 14, 2011 that Net_Surfer was helping you with. In his first post, post #2, he has a warning concerning Pirated Software as follows:

Avoid downloading pirated software:
    Threats may also be bundled with software and files that are available for download on various torrent sites. Downloading "cracked" or "pirated" software from these sites carries not only the risk of being infected with malware, but is also illegal. For more information, see 'The risks of obtaining and using pirated software'.
    In post #3 of that thread you stated:

right now i can not purchase real windows.
    If your version of Windows is a pirated copy you really need to find a way to purchase a legitimate copy of Windows. Please let us know if your version of Windows is legal.

Otherwise, please follow the instructions on How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer and post the logs here in this thread.

We are very shorthanded at this time and your patience will be needed.

Thank you,

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"