Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trojan Virus

Default Trojan Virus

I ran McAfee Security and it discovered a Trojan on my hard drive. I am not sure that I have managed to get rid of the Trojan completely. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am attaching Superantispyware, Malewarebyte, and Hijack this logs.

hijackthis.logmbam-log-2011-10-16 (23-21-25).txtSUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 10-16-2011 - 22-18-40.log

Member Spyware Fighter

Hello and welcome to Help2Go

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Help2Go we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

Please take note:

1. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.
    2. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
      • If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.
    3. Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
    4. If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.
    5. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
    6. Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.
    7. If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
    8. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:

• Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
    • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
    • Notepad will open with the results.
    • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
    • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
    Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner.

Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Then proceed to run aswMbr.exe as noted below.

Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:

Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:

Note:
    If you are unable to run a Gmer scan due the fact you are running a 64bit machine please run the following tool and post its log.

Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
    • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
    • Click the Scan button to start the scan
    • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.
    " Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Spware Help forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.
    HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
    Thanks-

aswMBR.txtDDS.txtI have scanned my computer with both DDS and aswMBR. I couldn't scan it with the other Program because I have 64bit machine. I am attaching the requested logs.

Member Spyware Fighter

Hello,

I see no signs of any malware present on your machine. Let's run a couple of tools and see if they find anything to worry about.

Please delete your copy of TDSSKiller and download the latest version from here and save it to your Desktop.

• Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

• Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.

• Click the Start Scan button.

• If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

• If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
      Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue => Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.

Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
    • A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

ESET Online Scanner:

Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.

Vista users: You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.

• Please go here then click on:
      Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
      All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
    • Select the option YES, I accept the Terms of Use then click on:
    • When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
    • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
    • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:

• Scan for potentially unwanted applications
      • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
      • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
    • Now click on:
    • The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
    • When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
    • Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
    • When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
    • Now click on:
    • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
    • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.

Note: Do not forget to re-enable your Anti-Virus application after running the above scan!

The Spware Help forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.
    HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
    Thanks-

I ran both of the programs. When I ran TDSSKiller, it found something but it didn't give me the option to cure the problem so i skipped it but you can see what it found in the log. The online scanner didn't find anything. I am attaching both logs.

log.txttdsskiller report.txtlog.txttdsskiller report.txt

Member Spyware Fighter

Hello,

Please go ahead and run TdssKiller again and select Quarantine. Then post that log.

Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.

Please download DrWeb-CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:
    • Double-click on launch.exe to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
    • Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
    • The Express scan will automatically begin.
      (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
    • If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
    • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.
    • When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
      (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
    • Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
    • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.
    • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
    • When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
    • Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable".
    • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
    • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
    • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
    • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
    • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

Things to include in your next reply::
    TDSSKiller log
    Drweb log
    How is your machine running now?

Thanks-

Member Spyware Fighter

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 3-5 days the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding

With Regards,
    fireman4it

Thanks-

Yes I am still here. I have been out of town but I will post the results of the scan as soon as I can.

Member Spyware Fighter

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 1-2 days the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding

With Regards,
    fireman4it

Thanks-

I followed the instructions you followed and the program didn't find anything. I can't post the log because I closed it after I ran it and it for some reason didn't save the log. But the computer is definitely working much better lately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast