Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MS Tarred and Feathered

Microsoft should be tarred and feathered for not providing a simple, one button solution for their virus, spyware, etc. etc. etc. etc. insanity,

got virus problems on your pc ?? yes , ofcoarse, buy a Mac,

i should spend 5 days trying to get scanners to work right on my computer,

i should through the thing out, and start saving for a Mac,

>>> throw

Default Avast Removed

well i'm back,

my pc was running waayyyyy slow, removed Avast, and things are ok now, viruses amuk, but much better than when Avast was installed,

not the first time either,

i only want to bother with virus etc etc etc 5 day removal when i am totally desparate, otherwise, i got a life to live,

can a virus make your battery bad or seem bad ???

Hi changintimes. (waves)

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. I asked for one of the Admins to combine your two threads since they concern the same computer. The information in the thread you created about removing Avast may be vital.

To prove to you that Mac's do get infected as well I have provided a link of Google links for your reading pleasure below.

Do Mac's get infected?

The only reason you don't hear about Mac's getting infected is because more people buy Windows, and the bad guys who create the viruses are in it for the money so why pick on a small percent of computer users when you can get rich by choosing to infect the majority of computer users!

Now, lets see what we can do to get you back on track here.

When you uninstalled Avast, did you install another AV software as a replacement? If not you should have.

can a virus make your battery bad or seem bad ???
    Not that I know of. It's possible that something is using up resources on the system and so draining the battery, but if the notebook is otherwise running well when on battery power, then I doubt it is the battery. How old is the battery and do you keep the battery plugged in when you use the AC adapter?

We'll discuss more about your battery after we ensure you are not infected.

First I'd like for you to follow the instructions in Step 4 of How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer and post (do not attach) the log that HiJackThis provides after the scan so I can have a closer look. I'll then have you run a few more scans if needed. If I see even a hint of an infection our trained spyware fighter will have to take over from there and this is where your patience will be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

thank's Donna,

Malwarebytes won't work on my pc,

here is my HJT log file before that doesn't work either,

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
    Scan saved at 12:53:21 AM, on 4/29/2012
    Platform: Windows 7 (WinNT 6.00.3004)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7100.0000)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
    C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
    C:\Program Files\Real\realplayer\Update\realsched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Expression\Web Designer\EXPRWD.EXE
    C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
    C:\Users\User\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = Preserve
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = Yahoo! Search - Web Search
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = MSN.com
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = Bing
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = MSN.com
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: Updater For Spam Free Search Bar - {20a0be68-8fd9-4539-8712-ce3d1c1fdfc6} - C:\Program Files\blekkotb\auxi\blekkoAu.dll
    O2 - BHO: Spam Free Search Bar - {26c9e18c-3717-4be1-a225-04e4471f5b6e} - C:\Program Files\blekkotb\blekkoDx.dll
    O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\ProgramData\Real\RealPlayer\BrowserRecordPlugin\IE\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Toolbar BHO - {EFA17361-CDC0-4927-9AFC-BAAD1F96B2AE} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: Spam Free Search Bar - {26c9e18c-3717-4be1-a225-04e4471f5b6e} - C:\Program Files\blekkotb\blekkoDx.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Real\realplayer\update\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Search the Web - C:\Program Files\SweetIM\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\resources\menuext.html
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MIFE82~1\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.cinemanow.com
    O15 - Trusted Zone: thaitv.tv
    O15 - Trusted Zone: *.thaitv.tv
    O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Plugin Control) - http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....x/qtplugin.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/ge...sh/swflash.cab
    O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.DLL
    O23 - Service: SAS Core Service (!SASCORE) - SUPERAntiSpyware.com - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE.EXE
    O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    O23 - Service: FsUsbExService - Teruten - C:\Windows\system32\FsUsbExService.Exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate1ca77e2a2519df6) (gupdate1ca77e2a2519df6) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: IObit Toolbar Service (IObitBarService) - IObit - C:\PROGRA~1\IObitBar\toolbar\1.bin\i0barsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Check Point Software Technologies LTD - C:\Windows\System32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

--
    End of file - 5636 bytes

oh yeah,

will do a HJT detective run now, and post again,

what can i say ? endless,

i download HJT from the link you gave me Donna,

do a scan and put the log in the Detective, the Detective tells me to download a new version of HJT,

oh well,

gonna space cadet pinball now,

beats drinking,

and as far as avast replacement, i have Zone Alarm on my pc, free version,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast