Thread: hijackthis

Default hijackthis

Hi - Would somebody be so kind to take a look at this hijackthis log file. I just reinstalled Windows 7 and reloaded programs because I am sure my computer had been compromised. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hi bdenn55,

Welcome to Help2Go!

It appears that Trend Micro was the Anti Virus of choice that was pre-installed by Dell. Did you uninstall Trend Micro AV? I see that Trend Micro Browser Guard is still installed though it will not protect you as it is not a realtime AV protection.

I would recommend you to install an AV immediately.

I prefer Avast myself though it is a bit high tech for the non-savvy computer user.

If you prefer a more simplistic AV the is a bit more user friendly for the non-savvy computer user I would recommend Microsoft Security Essentials.

Which either you choose is your choice but to ensure that all of Trend Micro has been uninstalled I would use the Trend Micro uninstaller

The best way to uninstall then re-install the AV of your choice is to download the AV you choose to the desktop of your computer but DO NOT install just yet.

Next download the Trend Micro uninstaller to the desktop and disconnect from the Internet then run the tool to completely uninstall the program.

Reboot your computer.

Now that the uninstall tool has been ran, double click and install the AV that you chose.

Reconnect to the internet and post another HiJackThis log. Please DO NOT attach the log. Copy and pasting the log to post makes it easier to view. Please include which model of Dell your computer is. I believe this is a desktop but I'd like to make sure.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask before you proceed

Thank you!
    Last edited by DonnaB; 06-10-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Hi bdenn55,

Do you still require assistance?

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"