Thread: Babylon Search
- 07-21-2012 01:55 PM #1
My system has been "infected" with this software which has, in effect hijacked my browser software (Firefox, Chrome and IE). Lots of articles on removal on the web but thought I'd go to my trusted font of wisdom (you!) I've tried searching through the forums and tutorials but can't fine anything. I have to be missing something as I am sure H2G members must have trip over this pesky "product". Can you steer me in the right direction?
If there really isn't anything (I'd be amazed) I'll go back to Square 1 and follow the usual drill but I am sure there must be a thread on this somewhere. I just can't find it.
- 07-21-2012 02:06 PM #2
Can you steer me in the right direction?
We would rather have you go through the drill here, post the required logs asked for and in addition post these logs below as well, that way we can check for more additional things that could be going unnoticed..
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Information on A/V control HERE
Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
- Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
- Click the Scan button to start the scan
- On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.
Last edited by zep516; 07-21-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.