Thread: FBI Notice

Default FBI Notice

Hi, a friend of mine today came by and said that he went on his computer But it would not let him on. He said it was loading and a notice came on the screen from the FBI that he was doing something illagle and that they shut him down or something like this. And that he should sent a Check for 200.00 .
    I ask him if he could get into the computer in safemode and if he had any anti malware installed on it. He said he did not know. So I went over to check and he could get on in safe mode but had now malware. So I installed Superantispyware on and ran it it came with about 400 different files but alot were cookies rated low. But about 7 was something else and said they should be remove rightaway. So we did. Well all of them we put in quarantine. and then he shut off the computer and turn it back on and it work just fine.Before we rand the spyware, I told him to check his anti virus "Macfee" and it was not turn on and it would not let him turn it on. Do you think it could of been a maleware that he had? Thanks

Also the money was to be sent to some place outside the United State. He was going to print it out but the printer would not work also. So he hand written it and said if it happens again he will take it to the police department.

Hi Machine,

Sorry to hear about your friends computer problem, you should have him / her come here and go through the steps listed below and post the required logs asked for.

Help2Go Forums - How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

To answer your question yes Malware can and does turn off Anti Virus programs.

Joe

Hi Machine. I performed a little research and found the following. In the link, scroll down and view the images. Do any of the images look like what was holding your friend hostage? Please do not follow the instructions in the link to remove this virus. Have your friend follow zep's instructions above.

FBI MoneyPak Virus
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DonnaB For This Useful Post:

Donna, I will show him this if I see him tomorrow . And yes I would bet it's what he had, because he did mention something about sending the money with moneypack and he never heard of it. Again thanks Donna and Zep

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Machine For This Useful Post:

Machine. Please encourage him to join H2G and have him run the scans so our expert can cleanse his machine. The initial ransom demand is just the tip of the iceberg and the first stage of infection that has netted the creators $40,000 to $50,000 dollars per day over the period of a couple years. This infection has the ability to download more malware that leads to theft of passwords, and the installation of malware to compromise online banking.

From what I understand, this type of trojan does not run in safe mode so he will need to access Safe Mode with Networking to access H2G.

To access Safe Mode with Networking, reboot the computer and begin tapping the F8 key till you see a black screen that has the following options. The Red arrow points to the option he will need to click on:

If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Donna, I wil tell him to sign up but I did not see him today. I was just wondering when I downloaded and ranthe SuperAntiSpyware the was some files that were not cookies it was something else and to remove at once which we did. There were some with moneypack. then after he tried to start it up , the computer, the normal way, and it did ; it also let him go on line. So I wonder if SuperantiSpirware removed it. I did save the log and when I see him I will have him copy it if it is still saved

I'm sure that SuperantiSpirware removed some of the files but not all that are lurking in the registry and possibly the restore points. Without seeing logs from a more indepth scan there is that possibility.

Please have him download and scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware found in the link that Zep provided above and have him post both logs so our expert can view.

Member Spyware Fighter

Hello.

There had been no reply from the topic starter in 5 days. Due to inactivity, this topic is now closed.
    If you are the topic starter and need this topic reopened, send me a message.

Everyone else, please begin a new topic.

With Regards,
    fireman4it
    " Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Spware Help forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.
    HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
    Thanks-