Thread: FBI malware

Default FBI malware

hi, dont know, if you heard of the new FBI virus...When i was browsing internet, a window that couldnt be closed popped out and it said that i have to pay 100 euros or ill be arrested and that kind of crap. It was obviously fake. I tried reseting the computer, starting it in safe mode, nothing seemed to work. This happened yesterday and today, when i wanted to get dvd out of my computer, it was working. The window dissapeared and computer works fine. But is it possible, that the virus is still in the computer, operating in the backround? if yes, how can i remove it?

Hi

Welcome to Help2Go

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
    • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
    • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
    • Notepad will open with the results.
    • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
    • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
    Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

This scan will produce 2 logs post them both please, do not attach them.

Joe