Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing reply

Default Missing reply

I sent the following message to Evilfantasy about two weeks ago but I have not yet had a reply. I am a newcomer to your site so I may not have followed the right procedure. Can you help, please.

"You posted a tool to completely remove ZoneAlarm in Jan 2008 but that website is now not available. Can you give me another way of removing the remaining bits of ZoneAlarm which I have on my laptop,please? From imposs"

Member Help2Go Moderator

Hi imposs,

you can try this cleaning utility: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe
    I found it by searching ZoneAlarm's site. I'm not sure if it'll clean whatever product you have of theirs. Just went to this post: [Solved] ZA Extreme version error - removal utility and it worked like a charm

Please be aware that the posting date is 2010, however, the URL for the cleaner seems to be rather generic so i wouldn't be surprised if that was the most up-to-date version.

Regards,

Partie

Member Spyware Fighter

Here is a nice page with alot of installers listed.

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase
    " Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Spware Help forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.
    HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
    Thanks-

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fireman4it For This Useful Post:

Hi Partie
    Thank you for your response. I have tried a couple of the removers on the ZoneAlarm site including the one you quote but they did not clear all the critical bits. I was hoping that Evilfantasy (or anyone else) had a special remover which might be more effective.

Regards

Imposs

Fireman4it thank you but the listed remover for ZoneAlarm is their standard one which has not worked fully in my case.
    Regards imposs

Member Spyware Fighter

Try AppRemover. It does a pretty good job with most removal of Antiviruses.

The Spware Help forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.
    HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
    Thanks-

Hi Fireman4it
    After the main part of ZoneAlarm has been removed it refuses to show up "officially" as being present.That is what happened with your further suggestion of AppRemover. Thanks for the idea but it did not work I am sorry to say.

Regards imposs

Member Spyware Fighter

We will just have to manually remove ZA.

• 1. Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
    • This is THE Mirror
      2. Save it to your desktop.
      3. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
      4. Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
      Code:
      c:\windows\*. /SL
      c:\windows\*. /RP 
      netsvcs
      activex
      drivers32
      %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\*.
      %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\*.exe /s
      %APPDATA%\*.
      %APPDATA%\*.exe /s
      %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
      %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
      CREATERESTOREPOINT
      %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
      %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
      %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
      %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav 
      %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90
      5. Push the Quick Scan button.
      6. Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
    • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

Thanks-

Hi Fireman4it. This is very impressive but I have to say that I am a bit scared of anything so complicated. Perhaps I should say a bit more about my system and make a confession. I have no actual evidence that ZoneAlarm in active form is still present on my computer; it is only my attempt to cure a particular problem.My problem is that my HP Photosmart Wireless B110 Series printer will not scan wirelessly from the printer although it will do so from my computer proving that the system can work. The HP paperwork says that firewalls might be responsible for preventing this scanning and I have had trouble with getting rid of ZoneAlarm in the past so I thought that it might still be causing difficulty.Similarly for Norton.
    You might think that the HP Forum would be the place to go for an answer and I have looked. It is choked with people having a surprisingly similar problem with what looks like one employee trying to cope with different solutions for dozens of different printer models and people swearing that they will never use HP products again because of a lack of customer care! I thought I would try my own hunches instead.
    My laptop has Windows 7 (64 bit) and I use IE.
    Now that I have 'fessed up, do you think what I want can be achieved?

Member Spyware Fighter

Zonealarm could still have left overs on the machine blocking the port from working. I would also make sure you have the most update driver for you printer and wireless. Please run OTL as described before so we can make sure no zonealarm remmanents are left.

Thanks-

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast