Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Hi mangool,

What issues / problems remain ?

nothing at the moment. it runs more smoothly now, it is still a bit slow but as you said I should get more RAM. otherwise everything else seems fine.
    thanks a lot for your help! I will let you know if I come across any issues

Hello mangool, Please read and follow instructions.

Since your log reports are clean and free of malware, lets "clean up" after ourselves.

Next

Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool again.
    • Click on the Uninstall button.
    • Click Yes when asked are you sure you want to uninstall.
    • Both AdwCleaner.exe, its folder and all logs will be removed.

Next

• Right click the JRT Icon select delete.
    • Remove any log files from the desktop.
    • Empty recycle bin.

Next

• Double-click OTL to start the program.
    • Copy and paste the following text below into the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom of OTL.

Code:
      :Commands
      [ClearAllRestorePoints]
    • Then click the Run Fix button.
    • Let the program run unhindered. When finished click on OK and close the log that appears.
    • Note: I do not need to review the log produced.
    • Now close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot.
    • On the OTL main screen, press the button.
    • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.

The above process will flush old System Restore Points and create a new, as well as uninstalling the tools used in this process including OTL itself.

Next

Your Adobe Reader is out of date!!
    Please up-Date Adobe from Here.
    Pay attention and un-check any software offers / optionals, before downloading, Adobe tries to install McAfee Scanner, un-check it then download Adobe.

Your Adobe Flash Player is out of date!!
    Please up-Date Adobe Flash Player from Here.
    *Again un-check any software offers / optionals, before downloading, Adobe tries to install McAfee Scanner, un-check it then download Adobe Flash Player

Finally

I post this for everyone. There prevention steps

Turn On Automatic Updates:

To do that:

1. Click Start,click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then press ENTER.

2. Click the Automatic Updates tab, and then click to select one of the following options. We recommend that you select the Automatic (recommended) Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them If you click this setting, click to select the day and time for scheduled updates to occur. You can schedule Automatic Updates for "any" time of day. Remember, your computer must be on at the scheduled timefor updates to be installed. After you set this option, Windows recognizes when you are online and uses your Internet connection to find updates on the Windows Update Web site or on the Microsoft Update Web site that apply to your computer. Updates are then downloaded automatically in the background, and you are not notified or interrupted during this process. An icon appears in the notification area of your taskbar when the updates are being downloaded. You can point to the icon to view the download status. To pause or to resume the download, right-click the icon, and then click Pause or Resume. When the download is completed, another message appears in the notification area so that "you" can review the updates that are scheduled for installation. If you choose not to install at that time, Windows starts the installation on your set schedule.

Antispyware programs:

I would recommend the download and installation of the following program and the updating of it regularly:

WinPatrol As a robust security monitor, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.

Please read this great article by miekiemoes How to prevent Malware
    and this great article by Tony Klein So How Did I Get Infected In First Place

Also read the latest!

CryptoPrevent Tool:

How to prevent your computer from becoming infected by CryptoLocker

This may be of interest if not aware.

Windows XP - The Elephant In The Room | Malware Removal Forum

Thanks
    Joe

Thank you

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you,
    Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456