Default computer has slowed to a rediculous speed

My computer has slowed down so bad I want to toss it out the window. It started doing it yesterday. I'm running windows xp on a E desktop 32 bit. I use Fire Fox and Explorer 8. When I want to go into "My Documents" it hesitates then stops for about 30 seconds before I can scroll down or up then it finally straightens out and is fine. When I try to go to downloads it does nothing until I hit the back button then "not responding comes on and finally it goes to my down loads. When I first go to open my browser (Firefox) it takes a ridiculous amount of time before it will open, when it does open finally its not completely open, the little thing above is still spinning. I have ran several scans with Agast, spybot, security essentials and tried to do a system restore which also won't allow me to do. When I try to click on a day on the calender in system restore it does nothing. I clead everything with ccleaner and cleared the registry with Eusing free registry cleaner which also had been working fine until today. What else can I do to speed things up again and get this computer working good again? I'm not a computer guru at all, learning as I go but apparently I can't fix it this time on my own. Can anyone give me some advice or tell me whats up? Very appreciated if so.

Hi Pandora'sBoxx,

We need to run several diagnostic logs, and we are moving you to the spyware forum.

Please follow instruction carefully and post 2 Logs as indicated.

Please download OTL to your Desktop
    • Double click on the to run the program. On Vista/Win7 or 8 right click select Run As Administrator to start the program. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
    • Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
    • Click the Scan All Users checkbox
      and
    • Check the option for All under the Extra Registry section
    • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan won't take long.
      • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
      • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files and post them in your topic

• OTL.txt <-- Will be opened, maximized
    • Extras.txt <-- Will be minimized on task bar.

Please post the contents of both OTL.txt and Extras.txt files in your next reply.

Moderator please move to Spyware

Thanks

I did download the OTL program and ran scan, it didn't make allot of sense to me but the results were like every other scan I've done showing nothing. Something I remembered last night is that on Christmas night I tried to install a stupid game a friend gave me (MYST, The Surrealistic Adventure That Will Become Your World). When I realized I didn't want it I performed a uninstall and that is when my computer did the weirdest thing I have ever seen. All resolution was gone, my desktop icons were huge, start button, bottom tool tray everything was out of control. That's when I did the first system restore and my computer has been screwed ever since. I don't know how to move this thread as you asked me to do or any of the other instructions from you as well???? I've noticed this morning that the thread has been viewed several times with only one reply, yours! Have I wasted my time coming here for help?

Default No REPLIES from thread posted yesterday?

I came here for help and posted my thread yesterday about my computer acing so poorly and slowing waaaaaaay down. I can't help but notice only one reply and that is from administrator telling me to move the thread to spyware and download OTL. Came here for help, is there not any help here?

Hi Pandora'sBoxx,

When zep516 posted Moderator please move to Spyware he was trying to get the attention of one of the H2G Staff members who has the permission to move the thread to the Spyware forum.

Since I have the capabilities to do that for him and you, I have merged your threads and moved them to the spyware forum as zep516 requested. Please be patient. I realize that having a mal-functioning computer is very frustrating, though since we are not sitting in front of your computer we do, at times, need to sit back, size up the situation, do a bit of research so we can place ourselves in your shoes to get the whole picture as to what you are experiencing.

You are not being overlooked on purpose. Sometimes real life (work, family) can rear it's head at the most inopportune time as well. Please allow zep a moment to review the situation.

Thank you for your patience,

Donna
    Last edited by DonnaB; 12-27-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Hi Pandora'sBoxx,

Didn't mean to post the above and disappear. I was making myself late for work by trying to console you.

I did download the OTL program and ran scan,it didn't make allot of sense to me but the results were like every other scan I've done showing nothing.
    If you are not trained to read the OTL log, the results will mean nothing to you. The OTL scan is for diagnostic purposes only.

Could you please post those logs? Not much we can do to help you without them to review.

You mentioned other scans you've done showing nothing. Please share with us what other scans you have done. If you have log reports for those scans, that will help us, too!

I clead everything with ccleaner and cleared the registry with Eusing free registry cleaner
    Please! Do not use Registry Cleaners on your computer. I'm sure yours friends may have said they were ok, but we advise not to use this or any registry cleaner as there have been reports of them clearing out needed registry entries and messing up PCs. In addition, what they do clean up is so small that little or no advantages are noticed.

Modifying registry keys incorrectly can cause Windows instability, or make Windows unbootable. No registry cleaner is completely safe and the potential is ever present to cause more problems than they claim to fix.

Registry cleaners cannot distinguish between good and bad. If you run a registry cleaner, it will delete all those keys which are obsolete and sitting idle; but in reality, those keys may well be needed by some programs or windows at a later time.

Windows is a closed source system. Developers of registry cleaners do not have the core code of Windows 7 and Windows 8 and are not working on definitive information, but rather they are going on past knowledge and experience. Automatic cleaners will usually have to do some guesswork. You'll have to trust me on this.

Thank you,
    Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Are you still having problems?

It has been 4 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved? If so, can you explain how it was resolved so others may benefit and the thread can be closed.

If not, please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the matter.

Thank you,
    Donna

Due to lack of feedback, this topic will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you,
    Donna