Thread: Help

Default Help

Ok I really need help and somehow stumbled upon this site, so maybe....hopefully someone can help me. And I can explain this in a way that doesn't get to confusing.

I am an I.T. student so it sucks that I am having such a hard time stopping this. To make a long story short my boyfriend and I just moved into a new place Feb. Its a old house, with 2 floors, that was turned into 2 apartments. One on each floor. The guys upstairs are 2 dorky brothers, who NEVER leave their apartment. They both got something wrong with them I guess so they get checks every month, so don't have to work. They are really nasty and gross, and we kept seeing bugs here so we called the landlord, he ended up sending the maintenance man upstairs and found their apartment was dirty, nasty, just plain yucky. So they are getting evicted. They blame it on me and my boyfriend.

Now here is what my problem is. They are kicking me off my wifi network constantally. I guess they are "hacking" it, I have no clue what in the heck they are doing. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now.

When this first started I only had my Ipad, my laptop was in the pawn shop. I love my Ipad, I am on it playing games all the time. Also my school puts our books on our Ipad so it something that I just always use. We had a silly network name, and pretty hard password. Then one day we couldn't stay connected to our wifi. It kept saying you can not connect. A few minutes later network names such as stevie_WDDoS_Attack_AKA_G0dL33T and stevie_Yes_Hacked_By_g0dL33t.

So we called our internet provider and told them what was going on and they went ahead and reset our password to the regular standard one that is on our modem. We got on the wifi and within a few minutes lost connection.

And this is whats basically been going on for the last 2 weeks. Our internet provider is clueless, customer service has laughed at us, gave us a new modem, and we thought the new modem would work but no, they still get in.

I did get my laptop out of the pawn shop and I can connect to my routers settings and change the username and password. I sat here yesterday and changed the username and password over and over again for about 2 hours and within less than a minute they can get in and kick me off my wifi.

They are using the Choose A Network area as a place for them to say mean things to us. They have put things such as your mom is a bitch, calling us assholes, and today they are just putting very bad things, such as they are going to kill us. He keeps calling himself G0d or G0dl33t and about a week ago we came home one night and there was a note on our door that said Love, G0dL33t and at the bottom said I can see you. We called the police over the note. The cop went off on one of the brothers, and told us there is nothing they can do but if we ever see them doing anything that breaks the law let them know cause they would love to have a reason to arrest them. My boyfriend tried talking to them about it and they don't care. He yelled at them one time and they felt threatened and called the police. Its just got to the point where I don't know if I am ever going to be able to use my wifi on my Ipad again. At night when they are in bed I can use my wifi. So that is a good thing at least.

I don't know what they are doing, but if anyone can help me, I would be soo happy. I am loosing my mind over this, because its so stupid. My boyfriends name is Stevie and they are putting bad things about him on our network and I don't know who all can see it. We just moved on this street and people are probally seeing all this stuff on the wifi networks and thinking what the hell??!!

So far I have changed the username and password over and over again. Using a strong password with up to 64 characters that look like this 9ILdm3mdwEDXO. That doesn't stop them at all.

Last night I turned off the wifi and got the MAC address for my computer and Ipad and allowed only my devices to be on it and I thought it worked, but no they just went to bed, because this morning I was kicked off again. Changed password a few times, still kicked off, so I turned off wifi and just am using my laptop with the yellow cable connected to the modem.

Things I have noticed::

We can use it very late at night, usually around 12am to 1am to around 11am. There is 2 brothers, one is really big and kind of slow, and one that is skinny and dirty, and never lets himself be seen. The other brother is always sitting on the 2nd floor staring out his window. My living room is right underneath his bed room. I can hear him on one side of the room, and as soon as I change the password he gets up and walks to the other side of the room and doesn't come back over to his normal side until I can't get on my wifi.

When this first started happening if we unplugged the router and everything it seemed like something was scanning, or looking for it, because the choose a network would be filled with hundreds of network names that were all mumbo jumbo. They were names like this:: M3D- , n,hr&z=>#aE , j$iSuYn8q. I don't really know what this was.

How I know it is them::

We can hear them talking about it

The note that was on our door with G0dl33t..... They used the same yellow duck tape to tape the note to our door, and it was the same yellow duck tape that they used to put over their mail box to write their names on, and also let us use to put our name on our mailbox. When we first moved in we tried to be nice and friendly to them, and let the big one come down and sit on our porch and drink his beer.

Hello Tasha420,

Sorry about your problem and it sounds bigger then just a router hack, can you find another apartment because even if you fix the router issue and that could be difficult because we don't know how skilled these two characters may be, there still going to make your life difficult and we can't fix them.

Some information about routers maybe helpful,

Prevent Neighbor WiFi Hacks

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

well they are getting evicted so they should be gone soon. I don't think these guys are smart hackers, I think they either have someone helping them, or they stumbled upon a program. I don't really know though, they could be hackers. They don't have a life but sitting in their house all day so they might of learned how to hack. Has anyone even heard of anything like this before?

I was wondering if maybe they can somehow get into our phone jack, and connect to the wiring? Is that possible?

Why do you think they got into the phone jack ?

It's very possible they can, on the old style jacks you can connect a speaker to it and listen in. Don't use the wifi till there gone. I'd go out of my way too and change any important passwords you have to sensitive accounts. We don't know what they are capable of and yes I have heard of router hacking before. You're lucky there leaving

Joe