Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

No fixing yet, see post #9 above, about SuperAntispware.

I downloaded it and ran it. It found 81 tracking cookies. They were the same 27 3 times and on the external disks I kept a lot of xp and windows 8 files on them.
    I don't know where the log is.

What does this mean to you....

This is NOT malware and using a spyware program will not remove it. eBay and many other seller sites are using Adfarm.Mediaplex as a tracker to determine where traffic is coming from when a link is clicked. Which means that when you click upon a tracked link, instead of taking you to the destination, it bounces you off of the adfarm.mediaplex servers and then to the initial target link. Normally this is seamless unless you are using an ad ware pop-up blocker of sorts that will "think" its malware and terminate the connection. This can be VERY frustrating and the only way to temporarily.remedy the situation is to turn off any ad aware programs and pop-up blocker ONLY while you are browsing ebay. Good luck!
    I'm not really sure what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by zep516 View Post
    No spyhunter..

I have seen another complaint about this on another forum, let me see what's going on there too
    Hi gentlemen,

I did the work for you, Joe. Read this. Sounds like a rogue to me.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Since Spyhunter was recommended for this problem several places on the net, I downloaded, installed and ran it (then deleted it) It found nothing, same as super antispyware, jrt ,adaware, mse, and spybot.
    The way that I see it is that I have something that is trying to route that address to adfarm.mediaplex. I also have something (maybe in the hosts file) that keeps me from going there. The first of these things is the most important. I don't know that I have ever went to Ebay, not on this computer that I remember. I think that I have found a way to get to tax act without getting re routed, but not in time to "lock-in" the price savings. One of the problems is that (according to one of the sites) adfarm uses different names, making it hard to find and delete. I thank you both for your efforts.
    Last edited by Arbfarkle; 12-20-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Member Spyware Fighter

Arbfarkle in order to continue to receive help with this problem you will need to follow the directions Zep516 gave you in post#9. You will need to start a new topic in Help2Go Forums - How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer.
    " Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Spware Help forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.
    HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
    Thanks-

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fireman4it For This Useful Post:

Okay, can I ask one more question on this forum?
    Where can I get a copy of HiJack this?
    I see it offered many places, but would like to know the site to get a "real" copy of the software.
    Since it seems that at least one address is being hi-jacked it would seem logical to try that.

Hello

Download HijackThis

• Go Here to download HijackThis program
    • Save HijackThis to your desktop.
    • Right Click on Hijackthis and select "Run as Admin" (XP users just need to double click to run)
    • Click on "Do A system scan and save a logfile" (if you do not see "Do A system scan and save a logfile" then click on main menu)
    • copy and paste hijackthis report into the topic

It's the only place I get it from sourceforge.net

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

once again thanks guess this thread is complete. I'll try to get help at the spyware forum.

Lets do it here, I'll have the thread moved to there,

Ready

Uninstall spybot, it may mess up fixes,

Then

A few items to fix

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad).
    Copy/Paste the contents of the code box below into Notepad. Not the word code, just what's in the box!

Code:
    start
    CloseProcesses:
    CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
    SearchScopes: HKU\.DEFAULT -> DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
    SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-19 -> DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
    SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-20 -> DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL = 
    FF SearchEngineOrder.1: Search By ZoneAlarm
    2014-12-18 17:55 - 2014-12-18 17:55 - 03044736 _____ (Enigma Software Group USA, LLC.) C:\Users\Alex\Downloads\SpyHunter-Installer.exe
    AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:56E2E879
    AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:5C321E34
    CMD: bitsadmin /reset /allusers
    CMD: netsh int ipv4 reset
    CMD: netsh int ipv6 reset
    CMD: ipconfig /flushdns
    CMD: netsh winsock reset catalog
    Host:
    Emptytemp:
    reboot:
    end
    Click Format and ensure Wordwrap is unchecked.
    Save as Fixlist.txt to your Desktop (Must be in this location)
    Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
    If the tool needed a restart please make sure you let the system to restart normally and let the tool completes its run after restart.
    The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Note: If the tool warns you about the version you're using being an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

Post the fixlog.txt
    Last edited by zep516; 12-22-2014 at 05:31 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast