Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default zep, have the log saved from Malware

Have the log saved from last two scans do not know how to get it to the forum. Regards, P.Kuehne

Hello Patkue,

I don't need those logs. But we will need others. Most of logs I have you generate will open in notepad, so as we move along just copy the log in notepad, then in a reply, in the reply box ,right click and choose paste. The log should copy into the reply, then hit submit and give the forum time to accept the log it can take 30 seconds or more.

I also want your browser to download to the desktop so you might want to set it up to do that I'll give instructions for that.

We will do the browser and run two adware scans for starters. Take your time.

It's easiest if you configure your browser(s) to download any tools to the desktop by default. Please use the appropriate instructions below depending on the browser you are using.
    Google Chrome - Click the "Customize and control Google Chrome" button in the upper right-corner of the browser.[img=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6063925/GeeksToGo/Chrome/Settings.JPG] Choose Settings. at the bottom of the screen click the
    "Show advanced settings..." link. Scroll down to find the Downloads section and click the Change... button. Select your desktop and click OK.
    Mozilla Firefox - Click the "Open Menu" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. Choose Options. In the downloads section, click the Browse button, click on the Desktop folder
    and the click the "Select Folder" button. Click OK to get out of the Options menu.
    Internet Explorer - Click the Tools menu in the upper right-corner of the browser. Select View downloads. Select the Options link in the lower left of the window. Click Browse and
    select the Desktop and then choose the Select Folder button. Click OK to get out of the download options screen and then click Close to get out of the View Downloads screen.
    NOTE: IE8 Does not support changing download locations in this manner. You will need to download the tool(s) to the default folder, usually Downloads, then copy them to the desktop.

Next

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
    • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
    • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    • Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
    • Click the logfile button and the log will open in Notepad.
    • Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.
    • A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished and the PC has rebooted.
    • Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
    • The report will be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

Next

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.
    Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts. See Here how to disable you security protection (Anti Virus)
    Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.
    The tool will open and start scanning your system.
    Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.
    On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.
    Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.

In your next reply post;

• The AdwCleaner [SO].txt Log
    • The JRT.txt Log

Thanks
    Joe

I copied your info and OMG this is like learning Chinese, but I will give it my best shot, you will just have to give me some time,Patricia

We have all the time you need and I realize it can be difficult and overwhelming. One step at a time.

To sum it all up,
    Set the browser to download to desktop.
    Download and run adwcleaner. Post log
    Download an run Junkware removal tool. Post log

when I was running adwcleaner it froze up. I waited about 10 min and it never resolved. It did show this in scan: SWDUMON.
    I started it again and it finished,showed nothing and rebooted and showed a log which I will try to post here, Patricia K.

How do I post the log here again, I am confused?

Open the log you have in notepad, use your mouse to copy it from notepad. Then in your next reply instead of typing in the reply box, right click in the reply box and choose paste. The log will be pasted / copied to the forum once you submit it.

well now I have another problem. I have Mcafee security center and there is nothing that says Advanced menu. When I open it I cannot find any place to disable it at all. I don't know which one of the security centers I have, as it is offered by Cox. Patricia

If your trying to disable Mcafee for Junkware removal tool, don't worry about it. Just run the tool, copy and paste the log to the forum.

mcafee won't let me download Junkware removal tool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast