Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Need to Troubleshoot my old Dell XP desktop

I had hoped to finish the immediate work I need to do on this machine - and then move on to researching and buying a new one, and setting it up. But it's been giving me a lot of trouble lately. Enough so that I need to reboot it too much. So it looks like I need to troubleshoot this now, rather than waiting to finish taxes and get through a crunch period.

Dell Inspiron 530. Was well decked out when it was new (so many years ago - maybe 8?). Running Windows XP. At least I keep my firewall up, run antivirus and spyware scans regularly and now have cryptopreventer and mcshield2 on it. I need to finish 2015 taxes (to get help and plan for college financial aid). I started on this desktop and think I need to finish on this machine before I get another (both bc. I don't have time and because I'm not sure if I can install my turbotax on a new computer and get everything over to it correctly).

Depending on how often I'm on the computer (I browse with Firefox), Firefox will stop running one to several times a day. It says connection error. The pc is connected to a linksys router via cat6 cable. I have plugged and unplugged cables to make sure they are plugged in tightly, I have rebooted modem and router, I have rebooted the computer. I see on my router that some ports have yellow flashing lights along with the green lights. So at first I thought the router was broken. But - the wireless works fine - and everything else I've checked that's connected to the router via ethernet cable seems to be working as well. (As further diagnostic information, one of the four wired ports has a cable that runs to a wired D-llink 8 port switch. Some of those are flashing yellow too. But again, I think the connected devices are working - but there is some indication that there's some connectivity problem even though I haven't seen indication of a connection problem on anything but my desktop. Some of these cables run through our walls to devices in other rooms (that aren't always used) - old Wi, tivo box in a room we're not in very often, etc). So it's possible that some device that's not being used much, is in fact, not connecting to the internet).

On the other hand, I know part of the problem is my desktop for a few reasons.
    1 - when it says connection error, if I shut it down and restart it, it connects fine.
    2- when it says connection error, I am also unable to do much else with my computer. I cannot x out of tabs, I usually can't close firefox, other programs on my desktop that do not use internet connection may or may not be frozen as well. Sometimes Microsoft word still works - other times it's stuck, and I can't save a file, close it, or exit the program. So when it says connection error it seems there's more at error than just connecting to the internet.
    3- most if not all the time, trying to bring up task manager (alt-control-delete) does not work. Perhaps a few times it did.
    4 - sometimes I am able to x out of things, but it takes a very long time to close each thing. And sometimes I can click the start menu and hit restart. Usually I cannot. Usually I cannot close the programs. Even those times I can, trying to restart the computer doesn't work. I've had to push the power off button on the actual computer to close it. Then wait and restart. Then things are working again. For a short while.

One further issue with this computer. I have two internal hard drives. The second one, which is just for storing data (no programs or operating system) may be having a problem. I store Tivo (video) programs on there. A couple of weeks ago, I was trying to see what shows I had there, and it only displayed some of them (alphabetically with titles from A-G). I want to access and save those files when I transfer computers.
    - I had a different external hard drive with tivo files that seemed to be failing in this particular way a couple of years ago. It only displayed the first portion of the shows alphabetically. But back then, if I moved or deleted a few shows from early on in the alhabet, a few more shows got displayed. So it seemed that explorer was showing a set number of files and no more than that. If I deleted a few of those, a few other files were displayed. I bought spin-rite to try to save the drive. It was a long, painful process - the file couldn't be accessed from the external bay - or from an esata docking station I bought. The spinrite folks said I'd have to connect the bare drive to the motherboard of my desktop. I did (white knuckling all of it because this was beyond my comfort zone to be messing with this stuff). Just from connecting the drive to my desktop, windows XP did an automatic drive check - and repaired the drive - all the files were recovered (and I copied and transferred them). So I never did use spinrite because windows fixed the drive once it was connected.
    - I don't remember what I did back then. There's probably a windows check disk, or fix disk that I could run to check and possibly fix this second internal drive. (I could use guidance with that, but it's not as pressing as the daily operating failures. I will want to fix this and transfer the contents of this drive before I get a new computer).
    - since this disk problem seems similar, but not identical, to the one that happened with a different drive before, I'm not sure if the similarity has anything to do it with it being a similar problem or needing a similar solution.

(So is this the time to mention that there are some things a computer graduate set up on this desktop that I have no idea how to set up on a new desktop? Probably not, but that grad has now moved from the are and won't be returning. We had thought he would be back to visit family and could help me install these programs on the new pc - but his family has moved, so he won't be back and he's across the country).

I thought about running hijack this, but know I need to wait for instruction before just plunging in and doing any further damage.
    T
    Thanks so much.
    Lynn.

PS: How do I set up this thread to notify me immediately via email when there's been a new post? I thought I selected that before but never received email notifications. I am subscribing to this thread and checking the box for notify me immediately.. - but that hasn't worked before

Hello,

Lets start with a hijackthis log like we did before on the other computer. Post both logs. Right click on Hijackthis and run as administrator and you will not get the Host file error.

First of all lets see what's running.

Download HijackThis

• Go Here to download HijackThis program
    • Save HijackThis to your desktop.
    • Right Click on Hijackthis and select "Run as Admin" (XP users just need to double click to run)
    • Click on "Do A system scan and save a logfile" (if you do not see "Do A system scan and save a logfile" then click on main menu)
    • copy and paste hijackthis report into the topic

Next lets see what's installed

Start HijackThis
    Click on the Config button
    Click on the Misc Tools button
    Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button.

click on the Save list... button and specify where you would like to save this file I'd save to the desktop. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file. Simply copy and paste the contents of that notepad into a reply
    Last edited by zep516; 07-30-2016 at 05:39 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

PS: How do I set up this thread to notify me immediately via email when there's been a new post?
    Hi Lynn,

At the top of your thread you will see the menu bar below. Click on Thread Tools then Subscribe to this thread in the drop down box as shown in the image.

If for some reason you do not receive emails notifying you that there has been a response, let me know. We may have to "tweak" a setting in your profile.

Last edited by DonnaB; 07-31-2016 at 04:54 AM.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DonnaB For This Useful Post:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.5
    Scan saved at 5:26:44 PM, on 7/30/2016
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)

FIREFOX: 47.0.1 (x86 en-US)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDP\afcdpsrv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    C:\Program Files\Flip Video\FlipShare\FlipShareService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Flip Video\FlipShareServer\FlipShareServer.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdateService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service v4\IntuitUpdateService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\win32\PythonService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe
    C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\TiVoBeacon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Synology\Assistant\UsbClientService.exe
    C:\Program Files\WebDrive\wdService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Update Core\nvtmru.exe
    C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastUI.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Ruiware\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
    C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe
    C:\Program Files\MCShield\mcshieldrtm.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
    C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\TiVoTransfer.exe
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIRPORT\APAGENT.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\CANON IJ NETWORK SCAN UTILITY\CNMNSUT.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\SUPERANTISPYWARE\SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\JAVA\JAVA UPDATE\JUSCHED.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\ACRONIS\TRUEIMAGEHOME\TRUEIMAGEMONITOR.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\ACRONIS\SCHEDULE2\SCHEDHLP.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Lynn\My Documents\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = https://www.google.com/?trackid=sp-006
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = https://www.google.com/search?trackid=sp-006&q={searchTerms}
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.google.com/?trackid=sp-006
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = https://www.google.com/?trackid=sp-006
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = https://www.google.com/search?trackid=sp-006&q={searchTerms}
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.google.com/?trackid=sp-006
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = Google
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: avast! Online Security - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\aswWebRepIE.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: FireShot - {6E6E744E-4D20-4ce3-9A7A-26DFFFE22F68} - C:\Documents and Settings\Lynn\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\nyzhvc3t.default\extensions\{0b457cAA-602d-484a-8fe7-c1d894a011ba}\library\fsaddin-0.63.dll (file missing)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Nvtmru] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Update Core\nvtmru.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AvastUI.exe] "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastUI.exe" /nogui
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\Program Files\Ruiware\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CCleaner Monitoring] "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /MONITOR
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MCShield Monitor] C:\Program Files\MCShield\mcshieldrtm.exe
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-2835312650-4155506908-1901089837-1011\..\Run: [OE_OEM] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe" (User 'UpdatusUser')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'Default user')
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Google Sidewiki... - res://C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\GoogleToolbarDynamic_mui_en_E11712C84EA7E12B.dll/cmsidewiki.html
    O9 - Extra button: IE7Pro Preferences - {0026439F-A980-4f18-8C95-4F1CBBF9C1D8} - C:\Program Files\IEPro\iepro.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: IE7Pro Preferences - {0026439F-A980-4f18-8C95-4F1CBBF9C1D8} - C:\Program Files\IEPro\iepro.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {05CA9FB0-3E3E-4B36-BF41-0E3A5CAA8CD8} (Office Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=58813
    O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/acti..._v1-0-24-0.cab
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/micr...?1358518938708
    O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/micr...?1347368526343
    O16 - DPF: {7530BFB8-7293-4D34-9923-61A11451AFC5} - http://download.eset.com/special/eos/OnlineScanner.cab
    O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
    O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 8.8.8.8,8.8.8.4
    O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 8.8.8.8,8.8.8.4
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 8.8.8.8,8.8.8.4
    O18 - Protocol: skype-ie-addon-data - {91774881-D725-4E58-B298-07617B9B86A8} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
    O23 - Service: SAS Core Service (!SASCORE) - SUPERAntiSpyware.com - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE.EXE
    O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
    O23 - Service: Adobe Flash Player Update Service (AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
    O23 - Service: Acronis Nonstop Backup service (afcdpsrv) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDP\afcdpsrv.exe
    O23 - Service: Amazon Download Agent - Amazon.com - C:\Program Files\Amazon\Amazon Games & Software Downloader\AmazonGSDownloaderService.exe
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: Avast Antivirus (avast! Antivirus) - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: FlipShare Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Flip Video\FlipShare\FlipShareService.exe
    O23 - Service: FlipShare Server (FlipShareServer) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Flip Video\FlipShareServer\FlipShareServer.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: PIXMA Extended Survey Program (IJPLMSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Canon\IJPLM\IJPLMSVC.EXE
    O23 - Service: Intuit Update Service (IntuitUpdateService) - Intuit Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdateService.exe
    O23 - Service: Intuit Update Service v4 (IntuitUpdateServiceV4) - Intuit Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service v4\IntuitUpdateService.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Logitech, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe
    O23 - Service: Mozilla Maintenance Service (MozillaMaintenance) - Mozilla Foundation - C:\Program Files\Mozilla Maintenance Service\maintenanceservice.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Update Service Daemon (nvUpdatusService) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Update Core\daemonu.exe
    O23 - Service: pyTivo - Unknown owner - C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\win32\PythonService.exe
    O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
    O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe
    O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
    O23 - Service: TiVo Beacon Service (TivoBeacon2) - TiVo Inc. - C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\TiVoBeacon.exe
    O23 - Service: UsbClientService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Synology\Assistant\UsbClientService.exe
    O23 - Service: WebDrive Service (WebDriveService) - South River Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\WebDrive\wdService.exe

--
    End of file - 11409 bytes
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    save list (this is a bit embaressing. You can tell I've used this pc for years - and also installed things at various points based on recommendations or software that came with various devices like Flip camera, older olympus camedia camera, - esp programs to deal with digital media - flip videos, music, tivo files, pictures...Some I had reason to install at the time - and haven't uninstalled because I'm not sure which ones I may use if I ever get back to digital projects that have been suspended.)

3ivx MPEG-4 5.0.3 (remove only)
    7-Zip 16.02
    7-Zip 9.22beta
    AC3Filter 1.63b
    Acronis*True*Image*Home
    Adobe AIR
    Adobe AIR
    Adobe Flash Player 22 ActiveX
    Adobe Flash Player 22 NPAPI
    Adobe Shockwave Player 12.2
    AirPort
    Amazon Games & Software Downloader
    Amazon Kindle
    Amazon MP3 Downloader 1.0.17
    AnswerWorks 4.0 Runtime - English
    AnswerWorks 5.0 English Runtime
    AnswerWorks 5.0 English Runtime
    AOLIcon
    Apple Application Support (32-bit)
    Apple Mobile Device Support
    Apple Software Update
    ASUS GPU Tweak
    Audacity 2.0.2
    Auslogics Disk Defrag
    Avast Free Antivirus
    AviSynth 2.5
    Belarc Advisor 7.2
    Bonjour
    Browser Address Error Redirector
    Canon IJ Network Scan Utility
    Canon IJ Network Tool
    Canon MP Navigator EX 1.1
    Canon MX850 series
    Canon MX850 series User Registration
    Canon My Printer
    Canon Utilities Easy-PhotoPrint EX
    Canon Utilities Solution Menu
    CCleaner
    CDDRV_Installer
    Cisco Connect
    Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system
    Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem
    ConvertHelper 2.2
    CoreAAC Audio Decoder (remove only)
    Coupon Printer for Windows
    CryptoPrevent
    Dell DataSafe Online
    Dell Driver Reset Tool
    Digital Line Detect
    Documentation & Support Launcher
    DVD Flick 1.3.0.7
    Eraser 6.0.8.2273
    ERUNT 1.1j
    Exact Audio Copy 1.0beta3
    ffdshow [rev 3299] [2010-03-03]
    Fidelity Active Trader ProŽ
    FlipShare
    FoxyTunes for Firefox
    Free Video to Mp3 Converter version 3.1
    Free YouTube Download 2.2
    Games, Music, & Photos Launcher
    Garmin Communicator Plugin
    Garmin USB Drivers
    Google Chrome
    Google Drive
    Google Earth Plug-in
    Google Update Helper
    Google Update Helper
    Haali Media Splitter
    HiJackThis
    Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB953595)
    Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB958484)
    Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2461678)
    Hotfix for Windows XP (KB2443685)
    Hotfix for Windows XP (KB2570791)
    Hotfix for Windows XP (KB2633952)
    Hotfix for Windows XP (KB2756822)
    Hotfix for Windows XP (KB2779562)
    Hotfix for Windows XP (KB915800-v4)
    IE7Pro
    ImgBurn
    Intel(R) PRO Network Connections Drivers
    iSEEK AnswerWorks English Runtime
    iTunes
    Java 7 Update 51
    KhalInstallWrapper
    LAME v3.99.3 (for Windows)
    Logitech Registration
    Logitech SetPoint
    Logitech Updater
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.2.1.1043
    MCShield ::Anti-Malware Tool::
    MediaMonkey 3.2
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update (KB953297)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended
    Microsoft Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider Package
    Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
    Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
    Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.5
    Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.9
    Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
    Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In
    Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007 (English)
    Microsoft Office Word 2003
    Microsoft Silverlight
    Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - KB2467174 - x86 9.0.30729.5570
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161
    Microsoft Works
    Miro
    Modem Diagnostic Tool
    Mozilla Firefox 47.0.1 (x86 en-US)
    Mozilla Maintenance Service
    Mozilla Thunderbird 45.2.0 (x86 en-US)
    MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
    MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)
    MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)
    MSXML 6 Service Pack 2 (KB973686)
    muvee Plugin 1.0
    NetWaiting
    NVIDIA GeForce Experience 1.5
    NVIDIA Graphics Driver 320.18
    NVIDIA HD Audio Driver 1.3.24.2
    NVIDIA nView 140.54
    NVIDIA PhysX
    NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.12.1031
    NVIDIA Update 4.11.9
    OLYMPUS CAMEDIA Master 4.1
    OpenOffice.org 3.4.1
    OverDrive Media Console
    PDF-Viewer
    PDF-Viewer
    PhotoFiltre
    Picasa 3
    PIXMA Extended Survey Program
    PowerDVD
    Presto! PageManager 7.15.20
    Python 2.7 pywin32-218
    Python 2.7.5
    Quicken 2014
    Quicken WillMaker Plus 2007
    QuickTime 7
    RealNetworks - Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime
    RealPlayer
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
    RealUpgrade 1.1
    Revo Uninstaller 1.94
    Roxio Creator Audio
    Roxio Creator BDAV Plugin
    Roxio Creator Copy
    Roxio Creator Data
    Roxio Creator DE
    Roxio Creator Tools
    Roxio Drag-to-Disc
    Roxio Express Labeler
    Roxio MyDVD DE
    Roxio Update Manager
    SafeZone Stable 1.48.2066.114
    Samsung Kies
    Samsung Kies
    SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones
    ScanSoft OmniPage SE 4
    SeaMonkey 2.40 (x86 en-US)
    SearchAssist
    Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906)
    Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906)
    Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2656351)
    Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2789642)
    Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2898855v2)
    Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2901110v2)
    Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2901110v2)
    Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2564958)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB2183461)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB938127-v2)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB953838)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB956390)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB958215)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB960714)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB961260)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB963027)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB969897)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB972260)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB976325)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB978207)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB982381)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2183461)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2360131)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2416400)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2482017)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2497640)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2510531)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2530548)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2544521)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2559049)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2586448)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2618444)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2647516)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2675157)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2699988)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2722913)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2744842)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2761465)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2797052)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2799329)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2809289)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2817183)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2829530)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2847204)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2862772)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2888505)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2898785)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2909210)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2925418)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2936068)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2964358)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB971961)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB981332)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB982381)
    Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB2834904-v2)
    Security Update for Windows Search 4 - KB963093
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2296199)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2393802)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2412687)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2419632)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2423089)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2436673)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2440591)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2443105)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2476490)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2476687)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2478960)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2478971)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2479628)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2479943)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2481109)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2483185)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2485376)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2485663)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2491683)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2503658)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2503665)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2506212)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2506223)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2507618)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2507938)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2508272)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2508429)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2509553)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2511455)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2524375)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2535512)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2536276)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2536276-v2)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2544893)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2544893-v2)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2555917)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2562937)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2566454)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2567053)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2567680)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2570222)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2570947)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2584146)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2585542)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2592799)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2598479)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2603381)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2618451)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2619339)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2620712)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2621440)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2624667)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2631813)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2633171)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2639417)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2641653)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2646524)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2647518)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2653956)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2655992)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2659262)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2660465)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2661637)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2676562)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2685939)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2686509)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2691442)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2695962)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2698365)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2705219)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2707511)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2709162)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2712808)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2718523)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2719985)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2723135)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2724197)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2727528)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2731847)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2753842-v2)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2758857)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2761226)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2770660)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2778344)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2779030)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2780091)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2799494)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2802968)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2807986)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2808735)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2813345)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2820197)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2820917)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2829361)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2834886)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2845187)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2847311)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2849470)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2850851)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2850869)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2859537)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2862152)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2862330)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2862335)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2864063)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2868038)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2868626)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2876217)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2876331)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2883150)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2892075)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2893294)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2893984)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2898715)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2900986)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2914368)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2916036)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2922229)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2929961)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB2930275)
    Sheet Music Plus Digital Print
    Sheet Music Plus Digital Print
    Software Informer 1.1
    Sonic Activation Module
    SpywareBlaster 5.5
    SUPERAntiSpyware
    swMSM
    Synology Assistant (remove only)
    thinkorswim from TD AMERITRADE
    TurboTax 2008
    TurboTax 2008 wdciper
    TurboTax 2008 WinPerFedFormset
    TurboTax 2008 WinPerProgramHelp
    TurboTax 2008 WinPerReleaseEngine
    TurboTax 2008 WinPerTaxSupport
    TurboTax 2008 WinPerUserEducation
    TurboTax 2008 wrapper
    TurboTax 2009
    TurboTax 2009 wdciper
    TurboTax 2009 WinPerFedFormset
    TurboTax 2009 WinPerReleaseEngine
    TurboTax 2009 WinPerTaxSupport
    TurboTax 2009 wrapper
    TurboTax 2010
    TurboTax 2010 wdciper
    TurboTax 2010 WinPerFedFormset
    TurboTax 2010 WinPerReleaseEngine
    TurboTax 2010 WinPerTaxSupport
    TurboTax 2010 wrapper
    TurboTax 2011
    TurboTax 2011 wcaiper
    TurboTax 2011 wdciper
    TurboTax 2011 wdeiper
    TurboTax 2011 WinPerFedFormset
    TurboTax 2011 WinPerReleaseEngine
    TurboTax 2011 WinPerTaxSupport
    TurboTax 2011 wrapper
    TurboTax 2012
    TurboTax 2012 wdciper
    TurboTax 2012 wdeiper
    TurboTax 2012 WinPerFedFormset
    TurboTax 2012 WinPerReleaseEngine
    TurboTax 2012 WinPerTaxSupport
    TurboTax 2012 wrapper
    TurboTax 2013
    TurboTax 2013 wdciper
    TurboTax 2013 wdeiper
    TurboTax 2013 WinPerFedFormset
    TurboTax 2013 WinPerReleaseEngine
    TurboTax 2013 WinPerTaxSupport
    TurboTax 2013 wrapper
    TurboTax 2014
    TurboTax 2014 wdciper
    TurboTax 2014 wdeiper
    TurboTax 2014 WinPerFedFormset
    TurboTax 2014 WinPerReleaseEngine
    TurboTax 2014 WinPerTaxSupport
    TurboTax 2014 wrapper
    TurboTax 2015
    TurboTax 2015 wdciper
    TurboTax 2015 wdeiper
    TurboTax 2015 WinPerFedFormset
    TurboTax 2015 WinPerFuegoContent
    TurboTax 2015 WinPerReleaseEngine
    TurboTax 2015 WinPerTaxSupport
    TurboTax 2015 wrapper
    TurboTax Deluxe 2007
    UB-04's HCFA-1500 Software
    Uninstall 1.0.0.1
    Update 4.0.3 for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2600211)
    Update 4.0.3 for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2600211)
    Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB2836940)
    Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB963707)
    Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2836939v3)
    Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2836939v3)
    Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB980182)
    Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2632503)
    Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB976662)
    Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB982632)
    Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB982664)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2467659)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2492386)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2541763)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2641690)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2661254-v2)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2718704)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2736233)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2749655)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2863058)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2904266)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2934207)
    Update for Windows XP (KB971029)
    Videora iPod touch Converter 5.04
    VideoReDo TVSuite Version 3.20.2.609
    WD Diagnostics
    WebDrive
    WhoCrashed 5.01
    Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor
    Windows Driver Package - Garmin (grmnusb) GARMIN Devices (03/08/2007 2.2.1.0)
    Windows Imaging Component
    Windows Internet Explorer 8
    Windows Media Format 11 runtime
    Windows Media Format 11 runtime
    Windows Media Player 10
    Windows Media Player 11
    Windows Media Player 11
    Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin
    Windows Search 4.0
    Windows XP Service Pack 3
    WinPatrol
    WinX Bluray DVD iPhone Ripper 4.5.0
    WModem Driver Installer
    Xvid 1.2.2 final uninstall

Thanks.
    Lynn.

Hi Donna,

When I went to thread tools, the option was to unsubscribe to the thread. So it seems I am subscribed - but it's not working. I didn't receive email notifications about responses.

Thanks in advance for tweaking.
    Lynn.

Unistall program
    -->Java 7 Update 51

Next

Open Hijack this, do a system scan only. Place a check mark in the following entries:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = https://www.google.com/?trackid=sp-006
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = https://www.google.com/search?trackid=sp-006&q={searchTerms}
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.google.com/?trackid=sp-006
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = https://www.google.com/?trackid=sp-006
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = https://www.google.com/search?trackid=sp-006&q={searchTerms}
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.google.com/?trackid=sp-006
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = Google
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: FireShot - {6E6E744E-4D20-4ce3-9A7A-26DFFFE22F68} - C:\Documents and Settings\Lynn\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\nyzhvc3t.default\extensions\{0b457cAA-602d-484a-8fe7-c1d894a011ba}\library\fsaddin-0.63.dll (file missing)
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-2835312650-4155506908-1901089837-1011\..\Run: [OE_OEM] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe" (User 'UpdatusUser')
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

Click fix checked
    Reboot.

Next

Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

Download TFC by OldTimer http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe to your desktop.
    Double-click TFC.exe to run it.
    Right click and Run As Administrator
    TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
    • Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
    • Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
    • Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

Next

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
    • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    • Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
    • Click the logfile button and the log will open in Notepad.
    • Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.
    • A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished and the PC has rebooted.
    • Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
    • The report will be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

Post the adwcleaner log
    Last edited by zep516; 07-30-2016 at 06:59 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

I'm working on it. It took a while for add/remove programs to load the current programs. I uninstalled java 7 update 51. Avast popped up saying three remnants were left - but it looked like it wanted to sell me one of their tools to fix or optimize the computer. That somewhat annoying thing they've started doing with each scan when you select resolve all, and it tries to sell you another program. I didn't. Instead I ran hijack scan, selected what you told me, and clicked fix. Rebooted.

then got TFC. I run ccleaner fairly regularly so I thought this should only take a minute or less. It took about 3-4 minutes. Then rebooted. About to get Adwcleanr and run it. I typed this on my laptop as I was doing it. So I can't post the log here. Will send a separate post from my desktop shortly.

Here's the AdwCleaner log:

# AdwCleaner v5.201 - Logfile created 30/07/2016 at 20:11:45
    # Updated 30/06/2016 by ToolsLib
    # Database : 2016-07-30.2 [Local]
    # Operating system : Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (X86)
    # Username : Lynn - LYNNDELL
    # Running from : C:\Documents and Settings\Lynn\My Documents\Downloads\adwcleaner_5.201(1).exe
    # Option : Scan
    # Support : https://toolslib.net/forum

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

Folder Found : C:\Documents and Settings\Lynn\Local Settings\Application Data\Geckofx
    Folder Found : C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\Adm

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLL ] *****

***** [ WMI ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [2303 bytes] - [13/05/2016 19:04:51]
    C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [2144 bytes] - [13/05/2016 18:28:17]
    C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S2].txt - [971 bytes] - [09/07/2016 19:40:14]
    C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S3].txt - [1034 bytes] - [30/07/2016 20:11:45]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S3].txt - [1107 bytes] ##########

Please download MiniToolBox http://download.bleepingcomputer.com...iniToolBox.exe and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

• Flush DNS
    • Report IE Proxy Settings
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings
    • Report FF Proxy Settings
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings
    • content of Hosts
    • List IP configuration
    • List Winsock Entries
    • List last 10 Event Viewer log
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
    • List Restore Points

Click Go and post the result.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

MiniToolBox by Farbar Version: 17-06-2016
    Ran by Lynn (administrator) on 30-07-2016 at 20:29:24
    Running from "C:\Documents and Settings\Lynn\My Documents\Downloads"
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (X86)
    Model: Inspiron 530 Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Flush DNS: ===================================

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================

Proxy is not enabled.
    No Proxy Server is set.

"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.

========================= FF Proxy Settings: ==============================

"Reset FF Proxy Settings": Firefox Proxy settings were reset.

========================= Hosts content: =================================
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Intel(R) 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection = Local Area Connection (Connected)
    1394 Net Adapter = 1394 Connection (Connected)

# ----------------------------------
    # Interface IP Configuration
    # ----------------------------------
    pushd interface ip

# Interface IP Configuration for "Local Area Connection"

set address name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp
    set dns name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp register=PRIMARY
    set wins name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp

popd
    # End of interface IP configuration

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast