Thread: trouble posting

Jos

Default Email Paste

Hi,
    The reason I may have had trouble is that I was pasting a suspicious email into the post. Should that be a problem?

Thanks,
    Jos

Jos

Default Message part

Here is the original message part without the suspicious email. I had even tried turning off the HTML option before posting.

Hi all,
    Oh Oh, I had a lapse of discretion. As the saying goes, your defenses have to fail only once.

I clicked on this email. You know, at the moment it seemed like it could have been something from someone I knew.

I immediately closed the Internet Explorer Window before it opened up all the way. But before it closed I glimpsed the address bar. It appeared to be going to a document and setting location on my computer.

As you may guess I am a bit concerned that my passwords or some other sensi8tive info may have been compromised. Thanks for help.

Regards,
    jos

Read and follow the directions here:

http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...wtopic/t,9709/

Post a log a HJT log and we will have a look at it.

BG

Jos

Thanks, Basementgeek. I appreciate your help. You can delete this thread if you like.

Regards,
    jos

Jos

Wondering...if I could post the suspicious HTML code from the email, could someone tell what it was doing?

thnx

You are confusing me, If I delete this post it will not exist and you will not be able to post to it.

As far as the HTML code, why, just follow my directions about what to do before you post a HJT log.

BG

Jos

Sorry, I started a new topic before and thought this one with its title was not as helpful. However, I never saw it actually post.

I would follow the directions, but since I always run Registry Protector, wouldn't that tell me if a registry key for Internet Explorer had been altered?

thx

There are thousands of programs out there, we work on HJT logs. I have no clue about the program you are using.

If you want help, please do what I ask.

BG

Jos

Thnx, I will try to go through the steps. I will try to get back within a few days.

Regards,
    Jos

Jos

Default maybe ok

It seems it could be a w-ci.postcard. It would be a C. I. Postcard. I guess that it would be a digital postcard from the channel Islands. I feel a little less concerned.

On a different note, it is getting harder to get anything to run properly on the computer. Web pages with active X keep causing warnings and either load slowly or not at all. I cannot get version 1.06 of Adaware to download and have been using ver.1.05 still. It found about 50 threats. It found about that many last month. I looked over the Hijack This log and did not notice anything that looked bad. I am still working on things though.

Best Regards,
    Jos