Default Strange behavior after a reboot and slow browser.

Everytime I reboot my PC and then go to open a browser window, all of the text is very large and the page looks like a text-only version of whatever page I am looking at, only with font size of 20 or 30. Then, a few minutes after opening the page, whether I stay there or go on to another page, I can hear my speakers make a simple chirp, like I would hear in an old arcade game, and the text snaps back to normal and the graphics all come back as well.

I also have a very slow browser. I have had this problem twice now. Both times it seems to have come back after I have done a complete reinstall of everything and after I've FDISKed and formatted my hard drive to fix this problem. The most obvious example is when I'm searching on eBay and click "Back" to go back to a search results page. It takes a long time to go back and as the previous page is reloading some of the pull down boxes show up first on top of the page I had been viewing then the rest of the previous page loads. I have this slow response all the time, though, not just on eBay.

My paranoia tells that there is something logging all of this and sending it out but I have no way of knowing why this happens. Each time, right after formatting and reloading everything, my browser and cable connection are lightning fast but over time it goes back to this slow crap.

I want to download Firefox and see if anything changes, but I'll wait to see what posts here.

I have AdAware and Spybot and they don't ever seem to find anything odd, other than the usual cookies and things like that. I don't know where to look for anything other than what these programs are finding.

Don

Default Sorry, I'm a newbie here.

I just saw the READ THIS FIRST article at the top of the page. Which, of course, I didn't. I will do all of this tonight when I get home. Please don't ignore my post yet. I will post my results from article217 after I've done all of it

Sorry again, Don.

HI

OK we'll await your hijackthis log, after running the recommended programs :wink:

Please remember you are in a different timezone to me and it may take up to 24 hours for you to receive a reply ... but we haven't forgotten you...

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -