Default Virus, spyware my machine looks possesed

I'm not able to do anything with my computer.
    As soon as I go to IE, I get bombed by pop-ups, my machine frozes, sometimes reboots by itself, or some weird icons appear on my desktop...
    I'm tired of antivirus because they slowdown my pc. (even more)
    I had bad experiences with some of them.

And I just dont have the time to keep up with downloads, patches, updates, scans, etc......uuuughhh.!!
    Does anybody knows of any other alternative way to keep a computer healthy?
    Other than not been on-line that is...
    I remember reading a post somewhere else about a hardware piece that protects a computer.
    Plesase help!!!!!!!!!

I'm tired of antivirus because they slowdown my pc. (even more)
    I had bad experiences with some of them.

And I just dont have the time to keep up with downloads, patches, updates, scans, etc......uuuughhh.!!
    Anti virus should have no noticeable effect on PC speed, unless the PC has a problem. I doubt if I spend 10 minutes a week on up dates, most are automatic, except MS updates that I have to say yes or no to, to load

Does anybody knows of any other alternative way to keep a computer healthy?
    Other than not been on-line that is...
    Short answer is the same as the long answer - NO.... Yes a PC that is clean and never on line should have no problems at all. I have an old 98 system that is lighting fast, has no protection of any kind as has never been on line.

I remember reading a post somewhere else about a hardware piece that protects a computer
    If there was such a device, I would probably buy one.

We are more than willing to help, but dont except a quick fix. It could take days as we are all volunteers here, we help when we can/have time.
    Some times if it quicker to back up files/folder, wipe the HD clean start over from scratch, assuming you have the Operating system/drivers/program disks.

If you want help read and follow all the directions here:

http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...wtopic/t,9709/

BG

Some times if it quicker to back up files/folder, wipe the HD clean start over from scratch, assuming you have the Operating system/drivers/program disks.

BG
    I'm sorry Frankwright, but going by the attitude of your post, you'd better get used to re-installing... because you'll be doing it on a weekly/monthly basis...

I'm sure you would find it quicker and easier, to install the necessary preventative programs, to surf the web safely, most of which are free & most of which update automatically anyway....

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -

Hello Frankwright,
    Just like the previous post, I think you should re-install the software on your computer.
    Its going to be a quicker solution.
    One more thing.
    Go to this site and get yourself one of this cards.

http://www.labellpcsolutions.com/Eng...cguardinf.html

Easy to use, and your computer will always be running like new.
    You will not regret it.
    Good luck
    AllanABC