Default Modem Disconnect

I have a Gateway P4 running Windows XP Home Ed., Have DSL, and have installed SystemWorks 2006 (I upgraded from SW 2005). Shortly after I start either Outlook or a browser (I use Firefox), the connection is blocked and I have a pop-up message saying:
    "SECURITY ALERT
    MEDIUM RISK
    NORTON INTERNET WORM PROTECTION HAS DETECTED AND BLOCKED AN INTRUSION ATTEMPT.

INTRUSION: PORTSCAN
    INTRUDER: 192.168.0.1 (DOMAIN (53))
    RISK LEVEL: MEDIUM
    PROTOCOL: UDP
    ATTACKED; TILICHE(68.75.47.175)
    ATTACKED PORT: 1435"

Well port 1435 is the port used by the DSL Modem.
    How can I correcto this problem?
    It is a single computer (No Network)
    I have contacted Symantec by e-mail three times, and each time I get a Ref#, and they tell me that they will respond within 2 days, but so far (about 3 weeks) I have not response from them.
    This problem started after I installed SystemWorks 2006.
    Any suggestions will ge greatly appreciated.
    Please respond to: maccruzATsbcglobal.net

Warmest Regards

maccruzATsbcglobal.net

HI

This IP address is the normal IP address for the main computer on a network ... 192.168.0.1

68.75.47.175 is SBC Internet Services - United States [City: Chicago, Illinois]

Which would appear to be your ISP...

There is no reason for Norton to block this as it is normal ISP activety..,.,

But then we are talking about Norton, and sometimes Norton is just unfathomable...

I'm afraid there is nothing we can do, if you can't find a setting in Norton to allow this, then you have to wait for Norton to reply or ditch Norton altogether...

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -