Thread: password

Default password

I have a spyware problem!!

I was trying to place the computer in safe mode and then restart it. which I did successfully. The only problem is that when the computer restarted it went to the password screen which has always been the same for the past seven years.

The computer is not recognizing the password and therefore not letting me log in.

My question is, Is there anyway around the passowrd or am I just screwed.

We can't offer assistance on getting passwords.

Are you still able to access safe mode OK ?

BG

BG ... I don't think they want a password, What I think what they are saying is their password suddenly doesn't work...

billm77510 ... Are you locked out of normal mode as well ?

I take it you edited the boot.ini file so that it would boot into safemode, and now you can't get to any screen except the safemode screen which is asking for the password which doesn't work ?

in which case you need to download a Linux bootable CD :-

http://www.ntfs-linux.com/demo.htm

Once you boot with this , you will be able to edit the boot.ini to take out the safeboot option, which will allow you to boot to normal windows mode again...

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -

Yes Steam you have it correct, I was directed to place the computer in safe mode in order to start the scan for the trojan virus which is infecting my computer.

But when I restarted the computer it went to the password screen and will not accept the password. I can not get to any other screen without this password.

My question is really How do I get around this password screen in order to move forward in this scanning process and to place the computer back into normal mode?

Thanks in Advance!!