Default norton stop notifications! please help!

hi i have got norton 2007 installed and running fine on my pc but the one annoyance that i have with it is the notifications it gives for viruses trying to get into my computer come up very often. im glad that norton is stopping them but i wish i would stop interrupting me every five minutes to tell me that its done so.

ive tried turning off the notifaction options with no effect and i cant think of what else to try if you have any advice to help with this problem i would greatly appreciate it.

HI wayne

If you've tried turning off the notification options already, then as I don't have Norton installed, I'm afraid I can't help

Hopefully someone else will step in with some suggestions...

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -

Hi ... I'm a real computer amateur, but I'll tell you what works with Norton Internet Security 2006. Maybe your program is similar.

If you haven't done it already, go to the "Home Page", and click on Internet Security. Then click on Intrusion Prevention.
    Click on Configure. You'll see two tabs, Intrusion Prevention, and Autoblock.
    Click on and open Intrusion Prevention. You'll see two boxes to check or uncheck, #1 is Turn on Intrusion Prevention, #2 is Notify me when Intrusion Prevention blocks connections. Choose to tick or untick. then click OK at the bottom of the screen.

(There's also an "advanced" button. 'Scary stuff inside there) !

I hope this will help.
    About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.
    ~ Rita Mae Brown ~
    (1944-, American Writer)