Default Three-headed monster

I seem to have picked up a trojan of some kind that continues to attempt to open internet explorer taking me to sites for spyware removal. On top of this a red biohazard "privacy danger!" desktop keeps appearing over my chosen desktop.

I have downloaded the trial version of Spyware Doctor, which is currently blocking and actions by the malware (such as explorer.exe attempting to access files like C:\Windows\sysdx.dll and C:\windows\bndsrsvk.dll. I've used Spyware Doctor to run a scan and these were the results:

Adware.Agestn.BN (30 infections)

Trojan.Popuper (4 infections)

Adware.Admedia (1 infection)

Adware.Comet_Cursor (79 infections)

Adware.Component.Generic (28 infections)

The last two are rated as extremely low risk so I'm not overly worried about them, but the top three I would REALLY like to get off my computer.

I've run Spybot S&D, which a number of things as well and says it removed them, but the popups keep coming and they are always found again with a new scan. Spybot identified these:

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallDisableNotify

DeepDive

Smitfraud-C.

Smitfraud-C.MSVPS

I've used Spybot to "remove" these twice now but it doesn't seem to have any affect. HELP?!

Download ...

HiJackThis log - Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2
    Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
    • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
    • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
    • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
    • Click on Install.
    • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
    • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" and Paste the entire contents of the log (no attachments) into your next post.

DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
    DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what HJT lists will be harmless or even required by your Operating System, a spyware fighter will guide you.

BG