FLP

Default How Have My IM Conversations Been Intercepted

Sorry - very naive girl here. I share a computer with my significant other and I have recently discovered that he has somehow been able to print out copies of conversations I have had via instant messaging on MSN, recording both sides of the conversation. I changed my password for MSN and he was still able to do it so I know he's not actually entering my account but somehow retrieving them in HTML format from the hard drive, and it looks like he can only retrieve the most recent one I've had. How is he doing this? How can I stop him doing it? If he can do this - is he able to retrieve files that I have deleted from the recycle bin?

Please help - he's driving me insane and I'd like to be able to stop him.

flp

This sounds more like a question for some one like Ann Landers/ Dear Abby. Need to figure why your significant other does not trust you. Are you doing some thing that would warrant them checking on you? (Please don't answer that question - don't want to know. This is just something you need to think about.)

Yes there are all kinds of programs out there to monitor what some one has done on a PC. Parents use them, so do employers.

We can probably remove it from the PC, assuming you are the Administrator. Who PC is it?

But your biggest problem is the trust/control issue that you two have.

It is easy to recover files from the recycle bin, unless they have been overwritten.

BG

FLP

Default Thankyou

yes - the trust thing is an issue - paranoia appears to be order of the day and I'm not entirely sure that he hasn't been doing this for the duration of our relationship! I only came across evidence by accident whilst stopping my son overturning a wastebin!

So - how do I remove the program and can I prevent it being installed again? And how do I overwrite deleted files?
    I do have admin rights.

thanks so much

Flp

The place to start is to read and follow these directions:

http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...wtopic/t,9709/

Post a HJT when you are done.

BG

(P.S. I take it your are English :wink: )