Thread: sm56hlpr.exe"

Default sm56hlpr.exe"

Hi dears partners,

I'm getting a sm56hlpr.exe every time my computer boots up, this computer has windows xp sp2, i tried to fix it running adware2007 but samething still showing up, i would like to hear your feed back concearns this issue.

Means while i will try to run a spyboot software to see if this helps.

Thanks in advanced.

Hi

sm56hlpr.exe is installed with the Motorola SM56 modem drivers and provides functions for diagnostic and configuration for this device.

Looks like a required file. Why is it poping up ? - zero clue. This question can probably be better answered in our Computer Help Forum.

BG

Hi

OK...

Based on Basementgeek's reply ...

If you no longer have the modem installed (the file has been deleted) but the run key remains in the registry, then windows will still look for it when it starts up ... hence the error message ...

Let us know if you still have the modem ?

Post a hijackthis (which will show if you in fact have the run key)

Download ...

HiJackThis log - Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2
    Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
    • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
    • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
    • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
    • Click on Install.
    • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
    • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" and Paste the entire contents of the log (no attachments) into your next post.

DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
    DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what HJT lists will be harmless or even required by your Operating System, a spyware fighter will guide you.

steam

Since there has been no response for a few days, from the poster, this topic is now closed. BG

(Please contact a Moderator if you need it reopened. Please be advised that the spyware forum will closing down for the Holidays on or about the December 20.)
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -