Default House Call & 016 Entries

Hello,

Just an Investigation:

In the past when I ran HouseCallthe program would ask for an Active x. The program appears to run Java creating the coffee cup in the task bar, after running it last nite I ran hijackthis and sure enough no 016 entry was created. And the Good news:

HouseCall did not find any potential threats on your computer.

zep516

I see on the system requirements it now supports FireFox so they must not be using an active x since FireFox does not support it.
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Thanks zep.

Is there something we need to update ?
    I haven't really looked yet.

BG

Here is the screen shot using IE, if you select the java on the top I guess it runs java, selecting the bottom one "does ask to install an active x". So I'm guessing houseCall gives the option to run java or active x, so it will depend on the user what selection they choose and if they choose the active x it will show in the 016 entry. In the Firefox browser I do not think the option for the active x is there...