Default Anyone heard of wingkey spyware??

on my routine scan yesterday Webroot Spysweeper found a system monitoring software cold wingkey. I goggled but couldn't get anything more than what webroot states below.

http://research.spysweeper.com/searc...gkey&x=26&y=12

I am trying to figure out how it got on my system. The only thing I can think of is that I recently installed LogMeIn my desktop to remotely view my pc from a laptop, I am suspecting that could be the source of intrusion or Wingkey is part of LogmeIn. the fact that there is virtually no information about what the program does on the web also concerns me...

my pc is behind a firewall enabled router and zonealarm internet security is installed (besides webroot spysweeper)

Hi:

We need the exact name and location/path to the file that Spysweeper is finding.

BG

Default can no longer find the file

unfortunately spysweeper automatically removed the file and I couldn't see the path information. Is there a txt log to spysweeper that I can look at and see what directory it removed it from?

I can't tell you were that log would be located, assuming there is one.

Go to your program files, Open Spysweeper and see if there is a log file, maybe a "txt" file there that will have info on what it removed.

The next time you run it, does it find anything ? Check under the options tab and see if you can save it.

Are you have problems, other than this one? If so please read and follow these directions:

http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Pro...Hijackers.html

BG

Default Wingkey (Commercial System Monitor); Unique Code: ECFA9HPZ

After one install/uninstall of a store bought copy of System Mechanic 7 Professional, I noticed on the second attempt at install a webroot spysweeper warning along with a installation error for system Mech. 7. The cause for the error was the Wingkey cookie being quarantined. I deleted all quarantined items and re-tried the install, once again with the same results. After reading about Wingkey on Webroot Spysweeper, I aborted the install and did a search on my 'puter for Wingkey and/or it's unique code. I was unable to find anything. I also did a search for "log files" but was unable to find a match. I know they are in here somewhere, however, because I have found them before. I still need to inspect those to be on the safe side.
    I too googled it and came up with nothing but a keyboard ad. My concern is that I was loading it through STORE BOUGHT SOFTWARE!!! How would such a cookie be loaded into antivirus software and for what purpose? Govt. snooping as part of homeland security? Someone at IOLO attempting to embezzle millions or even billions from the buyers of their software? Frankly, I am of a conservative mindset, and am not prone to conspiracy theories and such but I would suspect that either a third party(s) involved with the development of this software is responsible or something is fishy at IOLO, ie... partnership with the Govt. for the purpose of spying and/or apprehension and prosecution of internet criminals. I don't know, but can assure you, I will not be buying anymore products from IOLO until I have this figured out![/u][/b]

puteruser

If you have a problem, please start your own thread/topic.

Cookies are part of computer life -we all get them.

BG

I had the same problem this morning- Spy Sweeper Quarantined a program it called wingkey and described as a commercial system monitor. My computer is also behind a router and software firewall. The only changes made to my software in the past few days was a system update from Iolo's System Mechanic Seven Pro. The warning that is issued with the quarantine is quite worrisome- time to do some more investigation. Texemay

Since the original poster has not responded, going to lock this topic.

JnkTera if you still need help, PM me.

BG